Powerful, Flexible, Open Source
Introducing EMShare, an application built on the EnterMedia 8 platform that gives you all the archiving power of a traditional DAM as well as all the collaboration and broadcasting power of your favorite social media sites.
EMShare is a media-sharing website similar to YouTube or Flickr that, being open source, is fully customizable on every level. This provides flexibility and allows for you to have your very own branded platform for sharing your media with your audience.
Add & Edit Metadata
EMShare allows you to track your assets and add metadata to them, which makes for better collaboration and easier searching when working on projects with team members scattered around the globe. Through the use of asset-specific metadata you can quickly find that hilarious picture you took of a cat inside a jack-o-lantern last Halloween for the next issue of your magazine.
Share your Assets with your Team & Audience
With EMShare you can keep in touch with your audience and users through commenting, attachments and voting. If you find you need to reach and even broader audience, you can quickly share to Facebook, Twitter or Google + with the click of a button.
EMShare has been developed from the ground up with the user in mind. Our mantra was to create a powerful DAM that hides beneath an elegant and easy to use interface. An intutive interface that is flexible enough to take on any branding and color scheme to quickly give a cohesive branded front for our customers.
EnterMedia Manager gives a top-down view of the system, giving the confidence that comes with the knowledge of having total control of an installation.
Once EMManager initiates a new catalog, an administrator can quickly add an instance of the EMShare application to distribute content. With just a few clicks the application will be up and running, and ready to receive uploaded media.
Additionally, EMManager handles all of the back end upkeep for the EnterMedia 8 platform. With very little effort an administrator can update the entire EnterMedia 8 platform to its latest stable release code or target specific applications that need updating. This means less time making redundant code changes that do not affect the user base. This allows for greater flexibility in customizing and developing on the EnterMedia 8 platform.
- Enterprise ready Open source digital asset management solution used to track, manage and share digital assets online.
- Platforms Supported - Linux, Windows, OS X, Solaris
- Unlimited Users - No software restrictions
- 100% Web Based - Works with any supported browser
- Client Licenses - No Client License needed
- Rest API - For third party applications to interact with EnterMedia
- Scalability - Clustering, Fail-over and computer distribution
- Drag and Drop - Users can drag and drop files from other applications directly into EnterMedia and have records created for them. (WebDav)
- Web Content Management integration - Branded DAM solution for any need using EnterMedia Themes
- Versioning - automatic version storage for edited files
- Storage for - images, videos, audios, documents, HTML, CSS, XML and more
- Video Support - Uploaded videos are encoded into a compatible format, allowing in-browser video previews
- Audio Support - Play audio files in your browser directly from EnterMedia
- XMP, IPTC Support - EnterMedia will extract any available metadata for you
- Multi-Record Editing - Edit metadata for several records at once
- Multiple Catalogs - EnterMedia allows you to combine more than one catalog. Each "catalog" is essentially an entire instance of the OpenEdit Archive and can be customized with its own properties, views, layouts, and more.
- Simple Search and Advanced Search - Searches through 100,000's of assets across multiple catalogs in milliseconds. Displays recommended and related search terms.
- Thesaurus - searches and collects synonyms. Displays recommended and related search terms.
- Saved Searches - Save common search queries and run them any time.
- Dynamic Search Query Builder - Add any available metadata field to your search query on-the-fly.
- Granular Permissions - Giving you more control over your Digital Asset Management solution
- Display - List or Gallery Views
- LDAP Support - authenticate users with a pre-existing LDAP server or use EnterMedia's own user and group system
- Watermarking - protect your copyrighted images
- Cropping, Scaling, and Rotating - basic image manipulation tools
- Batch Upload/Download - Upload entire collections at once
- Drag-and-Drop Upload Interface - makes adding assets even easier
- Immediate download of originals and zipped assets
- Multi-Language Support
- Image Orientation Detection: EnterMedia will check for information about the orientation of your images, as well as allow you to adjust the orientation yourself
- PDF Previews - preview any page of a multi-page PDF document
- Image/Document Conversions - Hundreds of standard conversion formats: ImageMagick + Adobe Formats
- Video Conversions - Create Flash previews of many FFMPEG compatible formats
- Online Player for MP3 Audio - Support for conversions using LAME encoder
- EnterMedia Software and its releases are listed under GNU Lesser General Public License